Grandhôtel Orchestra ToblachMahler Revisited
Performing Mahler with the instruments and style that the composer would have known, in the natural surroundings that inspired him, the Grandhôtel Orchestra Toblach creates musical experiences that are at once historically authentic but utterly modern.
- The Grand Hotel in Toblach, Italy, was one of the earliest and most famous alpine hotels, attracting celebrities and royalty
- Mahler spent his summer holidays there, both to recuperate and to find inspiration – he composed his final works there
- Musicians are all members of the world’s most prestigious orchestras
- Players use instruments modelled on the instruments of the period
- Performances pay homage to a unique period of European and musical history, and to the Grand Hotel’s unique part of that story