Don Giovanni, perhaps more than any other opera, is all about the singing, and we had some superlative examples of that on this evening, led by the Elvira of Sky Ingram, who rose to every challenge of her fiendish music and made the most of the very interesting characterization she had been given. This Elvira is not the usual rather drippy, love-hungry donna but a whirlwind of a girl, all flaming red hair, determined gait and searing passions. Hers was the performance of the Summer Festival scene so far.
Sky Ingram is an Australian soprano living in London, where she trained at the National Opera Studio (sponsored by Opera North) and attended the Opera Course at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama. She has also trained at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts and the Elder Conservatorium, University of Adelaide.
Sky performed the role of Lea in the world premiere of Glare for her debut at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden in November 2014 to huge critical acclaim. During 2015 she sang Musetta in La bohème for English Touring Opera and Avis for the Bard SummerScape in New York (USA). Returning to the Royal Opera House, Sky sang the role of Venus in Rossi’s Orpheus at the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse in 2015. In 2016 she sang the title role of Rusalka in Valladolid, Spain, as well as Countess Almaviva in Mozart's Le nozze di Figaro for PopUp Opera in Norway. After singing Helena in A Midsummer Night's Dream and Musetta in La bohème, Sky returned to Opera North in 2017 for La Cenerentola. 2018 saw Sky debut for Nevill Holt Opera with Countess Almaviva, and she then made her debut at Garsington in summer 2019.
- Desdemona's Aria, "Salce, Salce" from Verdi's Otello
- Schubert: Die Junge Nonne (Sky Ingram & John Paul Ekins)
- Rusalka, Měsíčku na nebi hlubokém (Song to the moon)
- Katya Kabanova by Leoš Janáček Act 2, Scene 1, Key Aria sung in English
- Puccini: Quando me'n vo' from La Bohème
- Nun eilt herbei (Die lustigen Weiber von Windsor)
- First recipient of an Opera Award Foundation Bursary talks to Kezia Niman
- Mozart: Dove Sono, The Marriage of Figaro (live version)
- Mozart: Cosi fan tutte, Act I, Come Scoglio
- Live on-stage operatic selections
- Lehar: Meine Lippen, sie küssen so heiß from Giuditta
News and Articles
The show must go online16 August 2020
NewsletterMaestro Arts welcomes ..... 27 June 2018
Sky Ingram opens Nevill Holt Opera season and their new house as Countess Almaviva20 June 2018
NewsletterSignings, Awards and CDs 4 May 2018
A busy night at the 2018 International Opera Awards10 April 2018
Sky Ingram to make her debut with Nevill Holt Opera in 20187 December 2017