Sky Ingram, as Avis, appeared perfectly cast and able to inhabit her role with equal dramatic and vocal persuasion.
Ingram shows yet again why her star is rising fast.
Sky Ingram is an Australian soprano living in London, where she trained at the National Opera Studio (sponsored by Opera North) and studied on the Opera Course at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama. She has also trained at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts and the Elder Conservatorium, University of Adelaide.
Sky performed the role of Lea in the world premiere of Glare for her debut at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden in November 2014 to huge critical acclaim. During 2015 she sang Musetta in La bohème for English Touring Opera and Avis in for the Bard SummerScape in New York (USA). Returning to the Royal Opera House, Sky sang the role of Venus in Rossi’s Orpheus at the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse in 2015. In 2016 she sang the title role of Rusalka in Valladolid, Spain, as well as Countess Almaviva in Mozart's Le nozze di Figaro for PopUp Opera in Norway. After singing Helena in A Midsummer Night's Dream and Musetta in La bohème, Sky returned to Opera North in 2017 for La Cenerentola.
- Sky Ingram sings Come Scoglio from Mozart's Cosi fan tutte
- Sky Ingram sings Quando me'n vo' from Puccini's La Bohème
- Sky Ingram sings Nicolai: Nun eilt herbei from Die lustigen Weiber von Windsor
- Sky Ingram: Live on-stage operatic selections
- Sky Ingram sings Lehar: Meine Lippen, sie küssen so heiß from Giuditta