The Artist Administrator is responsible for the servicing of the engagements of a designated Artist list. Self-motivated, the Administrator manages their own contacts with artists, workflow and priorities working in close consultation with the Artist Managers who have overall responsibility for the work carried out on behalf of each artist.
The Artist Administrator reports directly to a specific Artist Manager.
Key European language skills, spoken and/or written, would be very welcome.
Maestro Arts offers a bold new vision for the performing arts. Our international management company provides worldwide representation for conductors, composers, visual artists, lecturers, stage designers and directors. We seek to unite outstanding performers from the world of classical music with innovative visual artists, other creative partners, international venues and arts organisations.
Principal areas covered include:
- Diary maintenance
- Travel, accommodation and visa arrangements
- Contract management
- Assist with artists’ promotional material updates
- Assist with general support for Maestro Arts events
- Client accounting
- To maintain an accurate, computerised diary for each individual Artist for whom the Administrator is responsible and to ensure that this is kept up-to-date. This is done by means of a customised database package; Overture. To be aware also of any floating/undated engagements.
- To contract the engagement, after the Artist Manager has completed the contractual negotiations. This includes checking all contracts and ensuring their timely execution.
- To ensure that all the arrangements for any performance or recording session, audition, rehearsal relevant to each engagement have been agreed and all the relevant people informed. This will include liaison between Artists and promoters over venues, times etc; obtaining scores/music; obtaining rehearsal orders and arranging meetings between conductors and Artists; obtaining details of any sponsors' receptions for the Artist. To co-ordinate any press interviews, photo sessions, liaising with publicists where appropriate.
- To produce and maintain updated publicity and sales material (including schedules, biographies, discographies, pictures, press quotes). To produce and upload stories about the artists for the company website and social media accounts.
- To make all necessary travel and accommodation arrangements on behalf of the Artist, where appropriate, and to produce a fully detailed (computerised) itinerary for every engagement.
- To obtain any necessary work permits and visas on behalf of the Artist. To formulate and submit withholding tax applications.
- To undertake such occasional 'on-the-road' duties as are appropriate. This may include meeting an Artist at an airport, railway station, hotel, etc.
- As directed and where appropriate, to deputise for the Artist Manager. To be the point of contact for the Artist Manager when the Manager is out of the office and to deputise in all respects, in consultation with another senior member of staff (usually a Manager). This may include making initial diary/availability checks when a manager is unavailable or as required but always without final commitment – this is subject to the Manager’s approval.
- Any other duties the company may request you to do from time to time.
Your attention is drawn to the fact that in some cases particular duties and responsibilities are difficult to define in detail and may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties and level of responsibilities entailed. It is a requirement of all employees that they accept elements of flexibility in duties and responsibilities and when necessary interchange within the organisation which will meet the changing needs and demands of the service. Such a requirement will enable the particular expertise of the post holder to be developed and maximised to the mutual benefit of both employer and employee.
- Jd Artist Administrator May 2019 (0.07MB, PDF)
To apply for the position, please email us at email@example.com, with a full copy of your CV, explaining why you are suited to this role.
All applications to be received by 31 May 2019
No agencies or telephone calls, please