VacancyExecutive Assistant / Office Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director, this new role supports the five Directors and is responsible for the daily management of the office.
You will be the ‘glue’ that holds our office work lives together and enables us all to work smoothly and effectively.
- To help manage and co-ordinate diaries for Directors, scheduling internal and external meetings
- To plan and organise travel for Directors, including making relevant travel and accommodation bookings, preparing briefing folders and itineraries
- To handle private and/or confidential correspondence for Directors
- To handle monthly credit card and foreign expenses statements for Directors
- To provide administrative support as required
- To organise the office and be responsible for premises related issues. To be responsible for the purchase, maintenance and development of décor, equipment, supplies and services (including furniture, lighting, power, heat and air conditioning, office, kitchen, catering and cleaning supplies, fire and security alarms)
- To negotiate new and renewal contracts for energy, broadband, telephone and mobile services
- To liaise with the MD concerning the budget for office expenditure and to check and authorise invoices relating to office maintenance
- To be responsible for company insurances
- To manage the company’s on-site filing and off-site archive
- To be responsible for Health & Safety matters, keep abreast of and ensure compliance with legislation, promote good practice, manage staff awareness
- To take overall responsibility for the Office Manuals
To be a focal point for day-to-day IT matters, liaising with external providers as necessary.
- Day to day IT management and user support
- Backups, systems, communications and training (including software upgrades as appropriate, ensuring the company is compliant with licensing requirements)
- To purchase new computers and equipment
- To manage and monitor company house document style, leading any required development of Word and Overture templates
- To be key point of contact for Overture
- To work in liaison with line managers on HR matters
- To handle recruitment (working in liaison with relevant Line Managers)
- To be responsible for the induction programme for new members of staff
- To keep abreast of employment legislation
- To keep Staff Manuals, personnel records up to date
- To be responsible for keeping job descriptions and job titles up to date
- To administrate the Company’s travel insurance schemes
Key attributes that would lead to success in the role include:
Flexible – a high degree of flexibility, comfortable with rapid and constant change.
Multitasker - a need to set priorities but also to be able to switch and reset them constantly.
Adaptable – quick learner, enjoy tackling new things and able to take on new challenges.
Technical – a good understanding of office computing needs, familiarity with cloud-based computing.
Social awareness – a natural empathy and facility to work with people to identify and implement solutions.
Secretarial/Administration – good technical secretarial skills to produce, manage and maintain documents/information. Experience researching and booking travel and internal and external meetings with staff, artists and clients. Initiative to research and source solutions to problems. A good planner, able to look ahead and anticipate needs.
Financially astute – numerate, able to budget, compare options and identify best value for money.
Attention to detail – keen eye for detail for scheduling , proof reading, web or print work.
Analytical – able to sift essentials from information, identify best solutions from multiple alternatives.
Industry – key experience in or a keen interest of our world or industry.
Languages – key European language(s) skills, written and/or spoken would be very welcome.
To apply for the position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a full copy of your CV, explaining why you are suited to this role.
No agencies or telephone calls, please